Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I'm baaaaack - and so is Card Concept

I'm baaaack from my rolling vacation on the high seas. After a short-lived career as a pirate, I've retired my eyepatch and have gotten back to work in my craft room. 

And no hard task it was - especially with the the beeeautiful new inspiration image up at the Card Concept. 

Check it:


Next to purple and teal, pink and orange is one of my fave color combos so I was totally stoked to soak in this image. 

Here's how I transformed it into card form:



At Card Concept, we celebrate all sorts of cardmaking styles. I chose to work in the Mixed Media style and created a background by making some orange watercolor swirls (a la the pillow in the inspiration photo). 

For my focal image, I masked and stamped a bouquet of tulips using Winnie & Walter's In Bloom: Addie's Garden. I colored them in with Distress Inks and a wet paintbrush, then I stamped a sentiment from Verve's Poppy Birthday set. 

I hope you'll come play along at The Card Concept using whatever style you like best!  

23 comments:

  1. I love the pretty shades of color on your tulips, Becca! This is so bright and fresh and totally reminds me of spring!
    Crafty Hugs!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Love how your black and white frames those bright pinks and oranges. This is fresh and pretty! Wonderful card, matey! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love the addition of the black and white elements in the pinks and oranges :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Becca, this is pretty much perfect! I love it, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, Becca! Love that fabulous black and white frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing design! Love the pink and orange swirls in the back and the contrast with that black and white frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Becca!! Your black frame really pops out those flowers! Glad you had a fabulous time on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold colors on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahoy matey, welcome back!! Your card is packed full of so much prettiness. I like that you picked up the scribbles from the pillow and tucked them the back. Marvelous coloring on the tulips too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this take from the photo. I love the colours and love the background which you took from the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great holiday! Piracy would be such fun;) Love your card....very pretty, and nice swirls in the bg there:):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful stunner Becca - love how you have used the inspiration photo
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card the tulips are beautifully coloured and I love the swirly background. Piracy ! Sounds interesting.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Becca ...so nice to have a post from you again ...hope you had a great time!!!!!
    Your tulips are simply stunning and I really like the layered bg and the beautiful ribbon!!! A lovely card!!!!!
    Have a great day and have fun being back in your craft room again!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and cheerful :-) Love it!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Becca! I love your take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so gorgeous Becca!!! Absolutely love it!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Becca. I love how you manage to combine different colours and elements and make them cohesive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love the orange swirls in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the tulips Becca, gorgeous colours. Love the background accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so talented, I love your style! the mixed media on the tulips are awesome! I hope to be as talented as you are in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete