Monday, February 1, 2016

Mixed Media Card Challenge - Red and Hearts

Have you ever just sat at your desk, staring at miniature piles of crafty embellishments, twine, and miscellany, wondering how in the heck you're ever going to make a card?

Well, not today, sisters! I've had something of a dry spell of mojo lately... but this weekend I took those mini heaps and made magic! Woooo! Look at all these textures:



I think it helps because I was making a card for the most recent Mixed Media Card Challenge, whose theme is Red with the option of having hearts. 


I love working in mixed media, and I adooooore Valentine's Day cards, so it was a win, win, win all around and my mojo came surging right back! 

Many of you have been wondering what I would do with my gel medium resist background, and I'm sorry to have kept you in suspense. I'll remedy that immediately by showing you the card!

For my heart, I had this wooden piece that I altered. I smeared texture paste all over it, then added red micro beads. 

 
I pressed some larger red rhinestones into it, and then drizzled the whole thing with White Picket Distress Spray Stains. In the end, it kind of looked like a sprinkled cookie, which was unintentionally cool. 

Here's the end product:

I used corkboard sticker letters, added a glittery red feather and some baker's twine to complete the look. I just LOOooooove how this baby turned out and I know it will make someone's Valentine's Day extra special! 

I'm also going to play along with
Mixed Media Mojo - Hearts with option of paper piecing 
Mixed Media Monthly - Glitter! Check!  
Frilly and Funkie - Enjoy Embossing (emboss resist background) 


29 comments:

  1. this is spectacular...I luv all the details and your thought process...awesome!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You worked major magic on your bits and bobs you crafty magician!! A work of art Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Valentine is gorgeous Becca! I love all of the textures and details, so beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! I'm so scared of mixed media - you rocked this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layers on this Becca - love the microbeads on the heart piece and that cool red feather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card! I love the beads, feather and the word "love" on that board

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Becca! I don't make many Valentines so I really enjoy seeing them! Love all the gorgeous layers, the cork letters, the distressing, the microbeads, the feather, everything! I think this is my favourite card of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Becca this is stunning - so rich and luscious!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is bound to steal the heart :). Great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really amazing creation Becca!! Love the wonderful mixed media and layers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a luscious design! Wow, this is right up my Valentine alley, Sweetie! Gorgeous little collage and background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wonderful! How many beautiful textures! It feels also "yummy"....Remember me a sweet cake to eat...:D ;) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, you really have this shabby chic vibe down. Your wooden piece looks good enough to eat and that feather...well, it just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow Becca, just a piece of gorgeous glorious red art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot imagine that you could ever lose your mojo...you create so much prettiness ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous texture, fabulous layout and beautiful project...very clever and creative x

    ReplyDelete
  17. woooww so many lovely texture Becca
    micro beads I never heard but it looks cool on your HEART area
    adorable with that texture Becca
    try to catch up now hehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becca this is so amazing,I love what you do but I could never. So I will just enjoy watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the amazing texture and all the details of this piece! Thanks for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. a beautiful project - thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo

    Barb Housner (Mixed Media Mojo DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card! love this & the beads look fab on the paste!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card Becca ! Love the texture and layering ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C

    ReplyDelete
  23. So, so gorgeous Becca!!! Loving the beads. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous mixed media card, thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so pretty! love the collage of valentiney love items :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is great! Love all the distressed texture. Thanks so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh, I am loving the sprinkled cookie heart Becca, what a wonderful card for VDay! Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. amazing and very creative work Becca. real piece of mixed media. Loved it.xxx MIxed Media Mojo

    ReplyDelete