Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ginger Blessings

My mouth is watering because I just looked through Jingle Belle's current gallery for their "Christmas Feast" challenge. In order to play along, you have to use a Christmas goodie (gingerbread, candy cane, sugarplums dancing in your head).

I just got in a set from Inspired By Stamping called Sugar and Spice that's PERFECT for this challenge. Look at these happy little gingerbread men (and women)!




To create this one-woman-homage to Christmas cuteness, I cut out the gingerbread cookies from craft paper and embossed their smiles. I added little teensy tinesy pearls for their buttons, and I may have cursed my large German fingers whilst attempting to get the glue side down! 

I also wanted to play along with this week's sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday and the Layer it Up Challenge at Little Red Wagon. 



So I used the sketch and layered. And then I layered some more. And then I added snowflakes and more of those stinkin teensy pearls. And then I sat back and grinned at the cute couple. 



I'm also sending this over to Inspired By Stamping's customer gallery contest

I'm really excited because I'm having my second annual EPIC Christmas Cookie bake (yes, that is the official, trademarked title) on the first weekend of December. You can be sure you'll be seeing pictures of that fiasco. Last year, only one person showed up so it wasn't thaaaat EPIC.... but hey! This year I actually have some friends so woohooo! Although being the new person in town is not optimal, it gave me the opportunity to hone my friend-making skills. There's a bright side to everything, right?


Thanks for stopping by! Follow my blog and leave me a comment, and I'll be sure to return the favor!
Also - if you haven't yet. Check out my Featured Friday post to ooogle over the amazing Shari Trumbull!


22 comments:

  1. That couple of the ginger bread Man and Lady look sooo sweeeett you are so cute make this couple Becca..nice DP and lovely use the sketch...I did not see on my last post..just thinking maybe Becca not healthy...hope you are healthy..but maybe you are busy making lovely cards...now I am off to make another cards....need a birthday card and 2 christmas card for friends (they order) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been drawn to gingerbread people, so this card made me smile big, Becca! Love the papers you paired them with, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE gingerbread people. This card is totally adorable. I love your fun mix of patterned papers that you used. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there's something about gingerbread men/women that just makes me smile! And your card did just that! Yum! I need to get out my gingerbread man stamps! Looking forward to your Epic Cookie Bake - more yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute little ginger people Becca...they're making my mouth water lol. Love all your layers too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, mmm! These gingerbread look like the real thing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my mouth is watering now, too! :) I LOVE gingerbread cookies, no matter how they're shaped :) Love all of your layers and your red/black/white color scheme :) Oh, yes--I've got myself a pair of 'man-hands' so I can commiserate with you and your (I'm sure they're not) large German fingers!! LOL!! You're crackin' me up!! Fabulous challenge make, Becca! Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. and Ms. Gingerbread are adorable! Love the little pearls on their tummies. VERY cute card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely darling! LOVE the fun patterns and the glittery snowflake, too! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Becca. A delgithful card,

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great take on the sketch Becca and it's such a bright and welcoming card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable, Becca! I love all the layers and the pearls!! Your cookie baking day will be fab, I'm sure - who wouldn't love having you as a friend??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely adorable! I love those gingerbread people :)
    We moved to a small town 12 years ago, and man, being the new person is hard. It takes a while to find those people who are your kind of weird!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really a versitile stamp set! The candy papers go great with the whole theme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a cute card and I am tempted to bite off one of the legs:) The candy on the side is a nice touch. Wishing you great success with your bake off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooooooooooooooooh! this is "SWEET" in every sense of the word; love the white embossing for the icing and the pearls make it! (admittedly fiddly; i use tweezers; i know i'm very sad but i have big irish/hungarian hands so...)! thanks for joining our "christmas feast" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    good luck with the EPIC xmas bake, that sounds FUN... let me know if you need an official tester for these events... i'm available... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gingerbreads are sooooo sweet and I love them for Christmas time!! You've picked out the most perfect papers to go with them too!! Sweetly delicious!!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sweet, I like the gingerbread and fab layering u did :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I miss having a big day of Christmas baking ... these days I just enjoy the spoils of everyone elses baking ... so very glad you joined our Christmas Feast at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A delicious looking card. Gingerbread is one of my favourite holiday treats. Great card. Thanks for playing along with our Layer it Up challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your gingerbread people are darling. Thanks so much for sharing with us at IBS! Good luck and I wish you lots of fun for your EPIC Cookie Bake.

    ReplyDelete